(full time position)
Provides prompt, tactful, friendly, courteous and efficient customer service in the processing of bank transactions. Responsible for protection of the Bank's assets through adequate security and fraud prevention measures.
Principal Activities (Daily Activities):
- Reliably accepts and processes customer transactions consisting of:
--Cash and coin deposits
--Checking and savings deposits
--Mortgage, commercial, and installment payments
--Redeem Series E & EE Savings Bonds
--Count and wrap coin
--Collect fees for services where applicable
--Issue credit card cash advances
--Prepare cash and general ledger debits and credits
--Night deposit bags and daily mail deposits
--Issuance of Cashier Checks & Money Orders
--Knowledge of Bank’s deposit products
- Reconciles and balances cash drawer daily in accordance with Bank policy. Efforts to locate unresolved errors. Assures only minimum amounts of cash necessary for efficient teller operation according to policy.
- Maintains a clean working area according to policy. Personal appearance is neat and professional according to policy.
- Granted authority to authorize Bank Cashier Checks by signature within assigned operating limits.
- Complete Currency Transaction Reports for any cash transaction over $10,000 when required.
- Responsible for monetary decisions & reporting situations regarding potential fraud.
- Responsible for protection of the Bank’s assets through awareness of unusual happenings or suspicious individuals.
- Maintain appropriate security control of cash and other articles of value in adherence to security policy.
- ATM balancing and reconciling as required.
- Vault balancing and reconciling as required.
- Assist customers with additional products/services to suit customers’ needs for cross selling.
- Maintains compliance to all government regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation E (Electronic Funds), Regulation CC (Funds Availability, CRA and Regulation DD).
- Promote positive image of bank involvement in community initiatives and organizations.
- Ability to travel/work at other banking center locations as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Wages are commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package is provided including educational reimbursement with First Citizens paying 100% of tuition for full time employees; student loan debt repayment; paid vacation and personal days; 401(k); health, dental, vision insurance; and more.
High school GED or equivalent; cash handling and customer service experience; typing, computer skills and telephone skills; math skills and ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply detailed information; strong interpersonal skills.
This job does not list all the duties of the job. This job description may be revised at any time. This job description is not to be implied as a contract for employment for any length of time and will not change the employee’s at will relationship. Either the employer or the employee may terminate employment at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. First Citizens is an at-will company.