Carlile Patchen & Murphy LLP (CPM) is seeking an experienced full-time Docketing Specialist and Legal Records Clerk to join our team. This full-time position will complete a wide array of duties to assist in day-to-day activities in order for the firm to operate efficiently and smoothly. This role maintains positive contact with the staff and observes confidentiality of client matters. A successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Location: Grandview, OH
What You Will Do | Role Responsibilities
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that employees must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer. Essential job functions, include but are not limited to:
- Records Management
- Research file retrieval requests
- Database management logging files in/out from VRC
- Maintain relationship with vendor, manage file ordering
- Prepping and scanning files to be destroyed
- Manage 3rd party outsourcing for oversize, special requests
- Annual file destruction
- Keep Work Room/supplies organized
- Docketing Backup
- Coordinate, manage, and maintain the firm’s busy litigation docket, including maintaining attorney’s calendars for hearings, trials, motions, and other deadlines.
- Use of the CoreRelate software that creates the docket and sends information to appropriate calendars.
- Future training of Federal, State, and local rules for calendaring deadlines
- Office Services
- Maintain copiers and printers – preventive maintenance, toner, contact repair services
- Inventory Control – track and compile a list of office supplies and other items kept on hand.
- Clean/organize office services
- Restock office supplies
- Make sure the Kitchen is kept clean
- Restock copy machines each day
- Manage recycling
- Reception Back-up
- Cover lunch hour and end of day
- Cover mail intake duties
- Cover Vacations
- Mail Management
- Help process incoming mail Post all outbound USPS mail and drop outgoing FedEx
- Report Monthly postage usage to the Accounting Controller
- Manage postage funding
- Safekeeping scanning for estate planning group done by secretaries, kept track of by OFS
- Large scan jobs received from secretaries and paralegals
- Safekeeping file retrieval once a week or as needed, go to storage to retrieve and/or leave FWP files
About You | Qualifications
Candidates who possess the listed skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
The firm offers competitive salaries and benefits and a great work environment. Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to our Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.