Carlile Patchen & Murphy LLP seeks to hire a talented person to perform the role of Human Resources and Benefits Manager. This full-time position will complete a wide array of human resource functions in support of the firm’s employees and operations in both its Grandview and Dublin, Ohio offices. This role manages CPM’s administrative team and serves as a resource to all firm employees and partners. The Human Resource and Benefits Manager reports to the Administrative Partner. This role champions the firm’s Mission, its culture and actively contributes to maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
What You Will Do | Role Responsibilities
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that employees must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer. Essential job functions, include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates all aspects of recruiting and onboarding, including but not limited to, creating job postings, conducting applicant sourcing and screening, hosting interviews, managing offers and acceptance negotiation, coordinating pre-employment screening, hosting new hire orientation and certain onboarding activities.
- Manages employee relations by responding to employee inquires timely, assists supervisors with delivering employee feedback and partners with firm leadership for escalated employee matters.
- Manages HR administration and compliance, including but not limited to, company policies and best practice applications, leave administration, payroll management, annual reporting and recordkeeping, and monitoring non-exempt employees’ time and attendance.
- Oversees benefit administration, including but not limited to, new hire initial enrollment, qualifying events, annual benefits renewal plan design changes and cost containment strategy and leads annual open enrollment; performs 401(k) plan management; partners, as needed, with external benefit consultant, broker and third-party administrators.
- Coordinates performance and compensation management by partnering with firm leaders to facilitate introductory and annual review cycles; partners with firm leaders to address individual employee development needs and assists with an annual compensation review.
- Coordinates all staff learning and development initiatives and activities.
- Oversees administrative staff and performs various supervisory functions.
- Maintains currency of HR and industry trends, data and best practices.
- Serves as a daily champion and advocate of demonstrating the firm’s Mission and positively contributing to the firm’s organizational culture and community activities.
- Ability to receive and maintain confidential information of the firm, its employees and partners, and to act with the utmost care and discretion regarding same.
About You | Qualifications
Candidates who possess the listed skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Ten or more years of professional experience working in a human resource role preferably as an HR Manager, HR Generalist or HR Business Partner; experience with the legal sector or interest to learn.
- Willingness to embrace CPM’s Mission:
- Deliver best-in-class client service
- Communicate with purpose and clarity
- Interact with positivity
- Aptitude to exercise sound judgment and discretion and uphold confidential information at all times.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and active listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to make decisions timely within authority of role.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws; strong knowledge of human resource functions, best practices and processes.
- Ability to managing competing demands utilizing efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Capability and willingness to assist managers with resolving workplace conflict.
- Strong self-initiative with an ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with applicable HRIS software required; Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Ability to work onsite Monday thru Friday at our Grandview office, or at our Dublin office, as necessary, is a requirement.
The firm offers competitive salaries and benefits and a great work environment. Interested candidates should forward a resume and salary requirements to our Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.